Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This comes from Cooking Pleasures magazine. You don't need mini loaf pans because this is hand-formed and baked on a baking sheet. They are made with ground turkey instead of ground beef and have a lighter finished color because of it, so the tomatoes add a bright pretty touch of color to them. Avoid overworking the meat when mixing it together or they will become more dense and heavier.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (not oil-packed)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 lb extra- lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in small bowl.
- Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove tomatoes from bowl; cool.
- Squeeze out moisture; chop.
- In large bowl, gently mix together sun-dried tomatoes, turkey, oats, cheese, eggs, onion, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Divide into 4 portions.
- Gently form each portion into loaf shape; place on baking sheet.
- Press 2 sage leaves onto top of each loaf; drizzle loaves with oil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit.