Recipe by Charlotte J
I bought a jar of sun dried tomatoes and thought I'd try this recipe.
Top Review by Lori Mama
This is soooo good! I love sun dried tomatoes and they certainly imparted a very robust flavor to the sauce. I only made half the batch, as it's only the two of us. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game.
- 240.97 g bella sun sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs, drained
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1587.57 g canned whole tomatoes, undrained
- 158.51 ml chablis or 158.51 ml other white wine
- 4.92 ml dried fennel seed
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain dried tomatoes, reserving ¼ oil.
- Chop tomatoes, and set aside.
- Heat reserved oil in a dutch oven, sauté onion, celery, carrot and garlic in hot oil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dried tomatoes, wine fennel seeds, and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered over medium heat 1 hour or to desired consistency, stirring mixture occasionally.
- In food processor add half of sauce mixture and pulse 4 or 5 times or until mixture is chopped but not smooth.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining half of sauce mixture.
- Serve over hot pasta.