1/3 Photos of Sun-Dried Tomato Lamb Shanks
4 hrs 20 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
I came up with this one the other night just experimenting with ingredients and both my hubby and I really enjoyed it. It is easy to throw together and then you just leave it to cook on the stove. I served ours of mashed potato but you can serve it with whatever you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 medium red onions, sliced thinly
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons beef stock granules (depending on brand and personal taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1Heat a little olive oil in a large fry pan, add shanks and brown all over. Remove shanks and wipe pan clean.
- 2Heat a little more oil in pan add onion, mushrooms and garlic, cook stirring until onion softens and mushrooms brown slightly.
- 3In a large saucepan add onion mix and all the other ingredients, except cornflour and parsley, return shanks to pan.
- 4Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and cook covered about 4 hours or until lamb is falling off the bone. My shanks were quite meaty so time will vary depending on sizes of shanks.
- 5Remove shanks and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 6Mix a little water with the cornflour and add to liquid, bring to the boil and stir until mixture thickens. (It will not be super thick just a nice gravy consistency.).
- 7To Serve: Place a mound of mash on a plate, top with a shanks and pour sauce all over, garnish with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Lamb Shanks
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.5
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 287.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 74.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef stock granules