Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home. Placing here for safe-keeping since I haven't tried yet! I'm thinking it doesn't need the extra olive oil since the sun-dried tomatoes are not drained. When I try it, I will probably leave that out. Todd Schmeling posted this in Taste of Home. Let me know if you try this and like it! :O)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh basil (optional)
- pita chips, and or assorted fresh vegetable
- In a food processor, combine the beans, tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Place in a bowl; sprinkle with basil if desired. Serve with pita chips and/or veggies.
I made this with a couple variations. First, I did not use any oil...other than what was left on the tomatoes. Second, added two extra cloves of garlic...a tiny bit too much. I probably did not use as much water either...just added until it was the consistency I wanted. All in all, a good recipe. I will be using it again!