Recipe by Leslie O
This is a good party dip, and is very healthy. I made plain hummus before but always thought it needed some flavor, well the sun-dried tomatoes did that for me! Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Kathleen Nelson
I''m not a fan of sundried tomatoes, but this recipe was good, I added roasted garlic to spruce up the flavor a little. I also reduced the amount of lemon juice. otherwise a very good recipe. thank you for posting it.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (soak in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pinch salt