Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Another Hummus recipe. The sun-dried tomatoes give it a bit of sweetness. I love garbanzo beans and this is super easy and quick to make.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Process chickpeas, yogurt, tahini, and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in sun-dried tomato bits and herbs. Season to taste with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate 2 hours. Spoon hummus into serving bowl, and serve with toasted pita wedges.
I used 6 ozs of yogurt and added 1/4 cup of olive oil to obtain the consistency that I like. The sun dried tomatoes were a great touch. Made for Photo Tag.
I'm not much of a hummus fan, but most of my friends are, so made this to have on the counter during one of my last monthly get-togethers, & it was a great hit! Apparently guests loved the inclusion of dried tomato, oregano & garlic (I did use 3 large cloves!) & insisted you get at least 5 stars! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders]
The hummus turned out very dry and a bit bland/garlicky. Added a bit of water and olive oil to smooth it out and then threw in some salt, bumped up the oregano amount to 1 tablespoon, and threw a handful of other spices in there