Recipe by kleigh83
A great non mayo pasta salad that's a little more posh than the norm. Especially nice if you are a fan of sun-dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Just a little too much sundried tomatoes. I would use 1/4 to 1/3 cup and maybe a little more vinegar. I took it to our family 4th of July cookout and it was liked by some and not by others. I will tweak it some the next time, because I do love sundried tomatoes. Carole
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces water-packed fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kalamata olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, make dressing: combine all dressing ingredients.
- Process until sun dried tomatoes are coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Add one teaspoon of salt and pasta to boiling water, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Cook until pasta is tender (about 11 min.) and drain well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add dressing to hot pasta and toss to coat.
- Let cool, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella,basil, Parmesan, and olives.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss to mix and serve at room temperature.