- 2 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 brine-cured black olives, such as kalamata, pitted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- With food processor running, drop shallots and garlic through feed tube and process until finely chopped.
- Stop machine; add sun-dried tomatoes, olives, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper; process until finely minced.
- With machine running, slowly pour olive oil through feed tube and process until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings and use immediately or cover and refrigerate.