Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love semi dried tomatoes, you should enjoy this! Originally came from a magazine, but I tweeked it to my own tastes. Please use "real" mayonnaise, the other types make it too sweet. This dip can be served with just about anything & is also great as a sandwich spread. Cook time refers to refrigeration.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise (the real egg kind is preferred)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup extra sun-dried tomato
- 1 bunch basil, finely chopped
- Add mayo, tomatoes and garlic to food processor& blend until smooth.
- Chop 1/2 of the extra tomatoes into small pieces.
- Fold into blended mixture together with basil.
- Top with remaining tomatoes.
- Chill for at least 30mins before serving.
- This is great served with vegetables, chicken, lamb or even chips.
- Adjust ingredients depending on your tastes, desired consistency, etc.
Oh, this was so good on toasted 9-grain bread! I loved it! I did half the recipe easily;. Thank you! Made for your cookathon!
A real winner!!!