Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice and creamy with a great tomato flavor. Serve with crackers, breadsticks, or slices of jicama.
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Drain tomatoes but do not rinse.
- Place all ingredients except yogurt and sour cream in a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth.
- Remove tomato mixture from food processor and stir in yogurt and sour cream.
- Chill before serving.
This makes for a nice tasting dip, which I liked with jicama, although others preferred it as a spread on small slices of multi-grain bread! I did, hopefully cut back on the amount of calories from fat, in that I used fat-free yogurt & sour cream, but probably lost some of the taste, too! Sill it was a nice dip! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]