Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A little different from the ordinary dips. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or rosemary)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- Put first four ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Process on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sour cream and process on low for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving bowl and chill for at least 2 hours.
This was splendid. I used about 4 tablespoons of fresh basil and didn't even measure the garlic, just whacked up about 4 cloves. I had these with some all-cheese crackers and also spread on some cucumber planks, heaven!
I felt there was something lacking in this recipe. I think fresh basil would probably be better as I don't think basil dries well with flavour. I think it is well worth playing with and will do that at some time.
GREAT dip! Nice and thick and tastes like robust sundried tomatoes. If you like sundried tomatoes you're sure to like this! I enjoyed mine with crudites but I think it would be yummy with bread too. Freddy Cat says thanks for the treat! Made for the ZWT4.