Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe out of "The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook" and have been making it for years. It is easy to double and has always been a big hit at parties.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup good mayonnaise
- 10 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, red pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Add the scallions and pulse twice.
- Serve at room temperature.
- If making in advance, store in the refrigerator and take out the morning of to let the cream cheese soften.
This went over well at an office party!
Very good. I used 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 3 scallions. I would use a little less salt the next time as the tomatoes are salty. Made it the day before and put it in the refrigerator overnight. The flavors blended more. Definitely needs to sit out before serving to become creamier.
great flavors! very easy to do! i used sdt's in oil & herbs, and a lo fat cream cheese. The mayo I would cut down next time, it gave a nice creaminess, but I think less could of been used, maybe a 1/4 cup. great consistency and flavor to dip just about anything into. I added 2 pinches of dehydrated onion flakes which adds a slight crunch when eaten immediately, and a nice onion subtle edge when chilled for a few hours.