1/1 Photo of Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Kozmic Blues's Note:
From Vegnaomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook. This flavorful, rich red dip can be used as a sandwich spread, or as a dip with crunchy wheat crackers or pitas. Especially nice with slices of raw bell pepper or carrots! Please use sundried tomatoes that have not been packed in oil. Fresh basil leaves or roasted garlic can be added as well for a nice variation
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, pour the boiling water over the sundried tomatoes, cover and soak for about 15 minutes.
- 2In a blender, grind the almonds until they are small crumbs.
- 3Remove tomatoes from water and reserve soaking liquid.
- 4Add tomatoes to blender along with the rest of the ingredients.
- 5Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- 6Add up to 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the tomato liquid as needed.
- 7Chill for an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Serving Size: 1 (911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.7
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 760.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g