Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another delicious appetizer from the cookbook "Culinary Masterpieces from the Birmingham Museum of Art". I love this served with shrimp.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 -15 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained reserving 1 T oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- Put the cream cheese, tomatoes, garlic and 1 T oil in a blender.
- Process just until the ingredients are blended, but not creamy as there should still be some small pieces of sun-dried tomatoes in the dip.
- Serve with assorted vegetables, chips, crackers or seafood.
Found a winner with this dip! How can you go wrong with deliciously sweet sun-dried tomatoes and of course, cream cheese. DH dove into this dip head first with a handful of tortilla chips - should have bought some veggies to go with it as it would be absolutely delicious with them. Will definitely make this again at my next family gathering or one of those Friday/Saturday nights when you just want to munch vs. making dinner -- like tonight! Made for ZWT-8-France.
Super easy and very tasty. Made for ZWT8 visit to Spain. I think this dip could be a good stuffing for a chicken breast too . Photo to be posted
This tasted great, but I could not use it as a dip, as it was just to firm. Maybe I need to add more oil then the recipe called for. Pulling it out of the refrig a few hours before needed to let it warm up may also help. So you may want to mix the cream cheese/oil to the consistency you need first, then add the tomatoes. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup