Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lightly spicy variation of the classic deviled egg. An atkins website recipe, but you don't have to be a low-carber to enjoy these!
- 1 dozen large egg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste or 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Let cool, then peel and halve eggs lengthwise.
- Set aside white halves on a plate and transfer yolks to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise, sour cream, tomato paste, shallots, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon filling into egg halves evenly, mounding slightly.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- If you want, for a dinner party and a fancier presentation, use a pasty bag fitted with a star tip and pipe yolk mixture into the eggs decoratively.
While these were tasty, they didn't wow me. My problem may have been that I had dried tomatoes that I soaked in a little oil to soften. The finished eggs just didn't have the punch of flavor I was expecting, but I am glad I tried them. Thank you for sharing your recipe!