A twist on the traditional Australian damper bread recipe. Cooking time includes dough resting time.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix them until combined.
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead it for a couple of minutes bringing it into a ball.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel or cling film and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls of dough and place it on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Place the tray on the center shelf in the preheated oven.
- Cook the damper for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve or keep warm until ready to serve.