Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A twist on the traditional Australian damper bread recipe. Cooking time includes dough resting time.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix them until combined.
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead it for a couple of minutes bringing it into a ball.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel or cling film and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls of dough and place it on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Place the tray on the center shelf in the preheated oven.
- Cook the damper for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve or keep warm until ready to serve.
Sarah Jayne, this is an AMAZING damper recipe!!! The bread is so flaky and soft on the inside with a lovely crunchy crust on top and bottom. The taste is also fabulous, very mediterranian. YUM, YUM, YUM! I only made 1/3 of the recipe as I only needed a little bit of bread and this way I ended up with 1 nicely sized damper. Perfect for two people for breakkie. :) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this truly wonderful recipe with us! I enjoyed it so much that I will surely make it soon again! I might also try adding some herbs to it or fresh chopped peppers. There are so many possibilites with this, really. Made and reviewed for my chosen chef in Veg'n'Swap #14 September 09.