Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
This simple chicken salad is highlighted by the sophisticated taste of sun dried tomatoes & asiago cheese. Toasted pine nuts provide the crunch. This would be great on a bed of fresh spinach, in a panini sandwich or on sourdough bread. Developed for the RSC#11 contest.
Top Review by Heather H.
Yummy! I tried this recipe last night in order to use up leftover turkey. Since the meat was already cooked I warmed up turkey stock (made the night prior) and white wine (sherry) in a pot and added the tomatoes for about 10 minutes. Then I added cut up turkey breast to warm it through. I used a mayo/sour cream mix (full fat for all) at about 3/4 cup. The key is a good cheese (I used Parmigiano-Reggiano since that's what I had). I didn't have the shallots so used green onion. The pine nuts add a nice crunch, could probably use walnuts if that's what you have handy. The dish was really yummy; I served on Boston bib instead of spinach. I'll make this again, it's great for low carb dieters like me. It was good with the turkey and I'm sure will be just as yummy with chicken.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 shallots, peeled & finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- salt & pepper
- 6 -8 ounces fresh spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish, add chicken stock & white wine.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes to dish (sprinkle them around the chicken so they are soaking in the wine & broth.
- Return to oven & bake uncovered for an additional 10-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove to plate or cutting board & shred using two forks.
- Set chicken aside & chop softened tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In medium bowl stir together mayonnaise, chopped tomatoes, salt & pepper, pine nuts, shallots & asiago cheese.
- Serve on a bed of fresh spinach leaves or sandwich chicken salad mixture & spinach between two slices of fresh bread.