Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is such a quick recipe to make and has a wonderful flavour, it is the perfect after work meal as you can have it on the table in about 25-30 Min's. I love couscous and this is another way of preparing it with the sun-dried tomato pesto along with the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, adding such wonderful tastes. I top it with chicken which I also rub with sun-dried tomato pesto and I think it is a wonderful combination.
- olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 (100 g) sachets quick-cooking couscous (this makes enough for 4 but I make this amount as I like to take the couscous to work the next day f)
- 700 ml water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto (Extra)
- 60 g rocket
- Bring the water and stock to the boil, add sachets cook according to packet instructions. (Mine is 2 minutes) Cut sachets open and pour couscous into a large bowl, fluff with fork.
- Add juice, rind, pesto and chopped sun-dried tomatoes, stir gently to combine.
- Add a little oil to a fry pan, rub 1 tablespoon of pesto over each breast, cook chicken on both sides until browned and cooked through.
- Toss rocket gently into couscous.
- To Serve: place couscous on a plate top with sliced pesto chicken.
This was great! I loved the lemony twist added to the pesto. I used spinach instead of arugula because the store didn't have any, but will definitely make again with the arugula. I used only 1 cup water with 1 cup couscous since I don't know what a sachet is. Thanks for posting!
The recipe is definitely a perfect after work meal. The chicken was brushed with the pesto and instead of pan cooking, it was cooked on the George Forman grill. I had a little difficult with the couscous as I wasn't sure what a sachet was. I purchase couscous in bulk and attempted to make 2 servings. It was a little gummy and something I would have to play with to get right. All in all this is a very well flavored dish that made quick work of getting dinner on the table. Made for *Aussie Swap*