Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great appetizer to serve with assorted crackers. Easy and looks spectacular!
- 1⁄2 cup minced sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) packageshredded swiss cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drain tomatoes well, pressing between paper towels. Set aside.
- Unroll picrusts; place one piecrust on a lightly floured surface, and lightly brush with water. Top with remainining pie crust. Roll into a 12 1/2" circle. Fit pircrust on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9" springform pan, pressing sides to an even thickness. Turn piecrust edge over 1/2" toward the inside, and gently press. Crimp with a fork. Freeze picrust 30 minutes.
- Bake piecrust at 450 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in tomatoes, Swiss cheese, and next 4 ingredients, mixing well. Pour into baked piecrust.
- Bake on lower rack at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and set. Spread sour cream evenly over top. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes; cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Place cheese cake on serving plate; release and remove sides of pan. Serve with assorted crackers.
- Garnish, if desired, with edible pansies, marigolds, and nasturtiums. Use long pieces of chives or green onion stems to form flower stems, and mint leaves for flower leaves.