Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Yummy! Note: time includes 1 hour that meat is marinating.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, packed (drained and chopped, save the oil)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (minced)
- 2 -4 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 4 wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup lettuce, finely shredded
- Mix ground beef, chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, cumin, sea salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Heat reserved tomato oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring so onions don't burn, until onions are well browned.
- Form ground meat into 4 patties. Grill 5-6 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Top with cheese and place on buns with favorite condiments & lettuce. Top with browned onions.