Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Brushetta? Appetizer? With a salad? Snack? You decide, this is a great combo of crunchy and creamy and the flavors are.....dreamy! I have done this on the top shelf of the BBQ grill with no problems, so as not to heat up the oven.
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil (dried)
- 59.14 ml grated dry monterey jack cheese (or use parmesan)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, halved horizontally
- In a medium bowl combine the cheeses, tomatoes, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil cut sides of baguette until browned. Spread tomato/cheese mixture on top of each half.
- Place on baking sheet and put under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and cut into serving pieces.
- Serve immediately.
This is really good. We used the ricotta, mozzarella, and monterey jack and they were a nice mixture of tastes and textures. Even the teenager who doesn't like tomatoes loved this. He gave it a 10. Thanks, Laurie