Brushetta? Appetizer? With a salad? Snack? You decide, this is a great combo of crunchy and creamy and the flavors are.....dreamy! I have done this on the top shelf of the BBQ grill with no problems, so as not to heat up the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil (dried)
- 59.14 ml grated dry monterey jack cheese (or use parmesan)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, halved horizontally
- 1In a medium bowl combine the cheeses, tomatoes, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Preheat broiler.
- 4Broil cut sides of baguette until browned. Spread tomato/cheese mixture on top of each half.
- 5Place on baking sheet and put under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- 6Remove from oven and cut into serving pieces.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 603.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 15.0 g