Recipe by LAURIE
Brushetta? Appetizer? With a salad? Snack? You decide, this is a great combo of crunchy and creamy and the flavors are.....dreamy! I have done this on the top shelf of the BBQ grill with no problems, so as not to heat up the oven.
Top Review by lazyme
This is really good. We used the ricotta, mozzarella, and monterey jack and they were a nice mixture of tastes and textures. Even the teenager who doesn't like tomatoes loved this. He gave it a 10. Thanks, Laurie
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil (dried)
- 1⁄4 cup grated dry monterey jack cheese (or use parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, halved horizontally
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine the cheeses, tomatoes, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil cut sides of baguette until browned. Spread tomato/cheese mixture on top of each half.
- Place on baking sheet and put under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and cut into serving pieces.
- Serve immediately.