Recipe by Redsie
From R. Reisman. I used sun-dried tomatoes in oil and added a bit more breadcrumbs. This burger is soooo good!! :) I love the little sauce that goes with it too!!
Top Review by Annacia
I made the burgers without any BBQ sauce or Ketchup because I don't use either. Even so I was surprised at how moist the extra lean meat was. On a whole wheat bun with fresh spinach leaves, onion and a thick tomato slice it was very enjoyable even with no sauce. Excellent use of ground beef, it has character and plenty of flavor.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup chopped rehydrated sun-dried tomato
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce or 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- To make burgers: In a large bowl, combine all burger ingredients. Form into 4 patties.
- On a grill sprayed with cooking spray, cook patties on one side over medium heat for 7 minutes. Turn and cook 3 to 8 minutes longer or until cooked through. (Alternatively, bake in preheated 450°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.).
- To make sauce: In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Serve over top of burgers with garnishes (GARNISH: Sliced onions, pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce).