Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with herbs (Garlic Tomatoes With Herbs and a Hint of Walnuts.)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- Add water to the machine following with the rest of the dough ingredients as listed. Be sure not to have the salt (place salt in a corner)and yeast touch.
- Use the dough setting press start.
- When the dough cycle has finished remove dough from machine place it on a floured work surface.
- Punch down.
- Roll into 7-8 X 3 inches. Fold one third up lengthwise and one third down then press. Repeat once more letting the dough rest in between folding.
- Roll dough out and place tomatoes over dough, roll dough up jelly roll style pinching in ends to seal.
- Place loaf on a lightly floured bread pan so it will keep its shape while rising.
- Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and rise for 30-45 minutes in a warm place.
- Slash tops with a sharp knife.
- For a glaze you can brush the bread with an egg wash!
- Sprinkle with Sesame seeds if desired.
- Or leave as directed for a rustic look.
- Place into a preheated oven at 425 degrees. In a pan below add a hand full of ice cubes. Bake until golden brown for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool.
This bread is perfect to for a summer dream!
We loved this bread with a fresh salad. My son did not want to stop eat this bread!
Thanks for posting!