Recipe by Kizzikate
From Cooking Light Magazine. A different twist on 3-bean salad, this makes enough for a crowd, and is great for potlucks. I never have leftovers! Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients- they come together quickly. Let this chill overnight for best flavor.
- 226.79 g jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 396.89 g can red kidney beans
- 396.89 g can white kidney beans
- 396.89 g can black beans
- 396.89 g can black-eyed peas
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain all beans & peas.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve oil.
- Place 1/4 cup of the reserved oil into a medium bowl. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, dry mustard, and pepper. Whisk well, set aside.
- In large serving bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, parsley, basil, all beans, peas, and onion. Mix gently.
- Pour vinegar mixture over beans, and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill overnight.