Recipe by Kizzikate
From Cooking Light Magazine. A different twist on 3-bean salad, this makes enough for a crowd, and is great for potlucks. I never have leftovers! Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients- they come together quickly. Let this chill overnight for best flavor.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain all beans & peas.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve oil.
- Place 1/4 cup of the reserved oil into a medium bowl. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, dry mustard, and pepper. Whisk well, set aside.
- In large serving bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, parsley, basil, all beans, peas, and onion. Mix gently.
- Pour vinegar mixture over beans, and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill overnight.