Recipe by Big Momma
I got this recipe from a friend in Canada. I like it because the mixture can be made 1-2 days ahead of time, is truly delicious and very pretty.
Top Review by Bergy
Wow! Great blend of flavors - It's runny (or perhaps I left it in the oven longer than intended but it was wonderful this way) so serve with napkins, spoons or bibs. Wonderful appetizer. I served it with crusty baguette slices. Baked it in an attractive oven proof dish and that came from the oven to the table. I used a small brie round (recipe doesn't specify) and cut the recipe in half. Perfect for 3- 4 people
- 1 brie round
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop sun dried tomatoes, and cover with hot water for 15 minutes.
- Chop basil and parsley.
- Mince garlic.
- Drain tomatoes well, squeezing out excess water.
- In saute pan, heat olive oil and saute tomatoes 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic and continue to saute, stirring constantly.
- Add balsamic vinegar, basil and parsley.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Remove as much rind as possible from brie.
- Put in an oven-safe dish, cover with tomato mixture and heat at 350 degrees until bubbly.
- I serve this with crackers and crostini.