Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Couscous is the perfect summer grain because it rehydrates so easily in hot water and your kitchen doesn't get heated up. Either regular or whole wheat couscous can be used in this.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1⁄3 cup sliced sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 lb sliced salami, roughly chopped
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- salt (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in couscous. Immediately remove pot from the heat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Uncover, transfer couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork; set aside to let cool to room temperature.
- Add arugula, tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, zest, pepper flakes, salami, basil and salt and toss gently to combine. Serve salad at room temperature.
This is an amazingly simple, delicious and filling dish to make!