Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the back of an old pine nuts packet. It is delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80 g pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup rocket
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 500 g cooked pasta, hot
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, half of the pinenuts, rocket and basil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Toast the remaining pinenuts until golden. Set aside.
- Slowly add the oil to the basil mixture while the processor is running. Turn the processor off and then stir through the parmesan.
- Stir pesto through the pasta then sprinkle with the reserved pinenuts. Serve immediately with salad and crusty bread.
I used this recipe for 9/10yr old students in my class to make. We omitted the pinenuts with Polly Waffle Kids blessing. Everyone really enjoyed the recipe and it was so easy for the young people to make. Some combined with cherry tomatoes and I must admit it looked great. Thanks for a good clean easy recipe PWK