Recipe by Manda
This is a fantastic tasting dip that I use on everything from fresh veggies, to chips, to sandwiches. Easy to make, and tastes better as it sits in the fridge...YUMMY!!! Sometimes, instead of using the food processor, I finely dice the peppers and tomatoes, and mix by hand for a more chunky dip. Either way, you'll want to double this one!!
Top Review by Babs in Toyland
Yummy is right - I took your advice and doubled the recipe thank goodness. I served it with some celery and carrot sticks and also some good crackers and it was a big hit. I used low fat cream cheese and instead of parsley I used cilantro because that was all I had on hand - wonderful flavors. I think I'll try it on a sandwich today or maybe as a bagel spread - thanks for posting!
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry (or you can roast your own)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, halves soaked in hot water for 5 minutes,drained,and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- toasted pita bread, triangles or tortilla chips, to serve