Recipe by The Range Rover
This bread is so packed full of flavor. It smells and tastes like heaven.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This bread smells and tastes absolutely heavenly! With a bowl of soup it is a perfect meal! My 3 coworkers raved about this bread! The directions are abit hard to follow, but I figured it out and was rewarded with a scrumptious loaf of bread!
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon of coarsley ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving 2 tsp of the oil. Chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Cook the garlic in a small amount of boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain, peel and mash the garlic. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, and the next 3 ingredients stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, cheese and next 4 ingredients stir well.
- Combine the reserved oil, shorting and sugar then beat with a wire wisk until smooth.
- Add the garlic mixture and pine nuts to the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Spread the batter into a greased 8 1/2x4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Smooth out the top.
- Bake 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.