Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My aunt served this at their anniversary party. It was so good, I had to have the recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (soak the sundried tomatoes for 15 minutes in boiling water to reconstitute them.)
- fresh basil or parsley (garnish)
- toasted pine nuts, crushed (garnish)
- Beat together cream cheese and butter in food processor (or beaters).
- Add the onion.
- Line a 2 cup margarine tub, or bowl, with plastic wrap.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the bowl.
- Top with ½ of the pesto and tomatoes.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with cream cheese mixture.
- Spread layers to the edge of the bowl, so they will show through when unmolded.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Serve with baguette slices or your favourite crackers.
I have made this for several parties, and it's always a hit. I also made it just using sun dried tomato pesto in place of the chopped tomatoes and basil pesto - that's good too!
To reconstitute the sundried tomatoes, pour boiling water over to cover, and soak for 15 minutes.