Recipe by Wasyetz
This is a great way to use your first batch of basil! You will need to prepare your pesto before making this dish. These make a wonderful afternoon snack to sit around the patio table and munch on. I recommend using fontina instead of mozzarella because of its ability to stand up to the flavours of the other toppings.
- 1 (7 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 4 ounces fontina or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chips on a baking sheet or in a deep dish pie plate.
- Top each chip with a little tomato and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 5 minutes.
- After you remove the chips from the oven, top each with a small amount of pesto.
- Do not put the pesto on the chips before you place them in the oven or you will have a tragic mess.
- Serve hot.