1/6 Photos of Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Stuffed Leg of Lamb
1 hr 40 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
This was an experiment I did for Easter this year and it turned out very well. I bought the lamb already off the bone and cut it myself before stuffing. But you can ask your butcher to do this for you,he will even cut it ready for stuffing and rolling to make it easier. I made 2 stuffed pork loins as well to serve 10 of us, my lamb was 1.1kg in weight I think it would serve 4-6 people if not making with other meats, along with sides. Just so you know the way I cut my lamb I will explain this here. Mine was already looking like a mini log, I turned it over so it was skin side down on my chopping board. I cut the lamb down the center, leaving about a half inch of meat uncut. I then cut through each half, cutting through the center of each, again not going all the way through. Then I opened it out and pounded it with a meat mallet to even out thickness before spreading stuffing over and rolling back up before securing with kitchen string.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/8 kg leg of lamb, de-boned and sliced open ready to stuff
- 0.5 (130 g) packet sage and onion seasoned stuffing mix, made up
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 5 garlic cloves, 3 crushed, 2 sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped finely
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- sage, Rosemary, Thyme, garlic powder and paprika (For sprinkling over top of lamb)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Open out lamb leg, I pounded with a meat mallet to even out thickness. (Read note above about cutting leg for stuffing.).
- 3Heat a little oil in a pan, add crushed garlic, and shallot and cook until shallot has softened.
- 4In a bowl combine stuffing mix, garlic/shallot mix, rosemary and tomatoes, spread stuffing evenly over lamb, carefully roll lamb up to form a log roll, secure with kitchen string.
- 5Slice slits into top of lamb at intervals, push sliced garlic into slits, sprinkle top with listed herbs.
- 6Place in an ovenproof dish and roast for about 1hr 30-45 Min's or until cooked as desired.
- 7Let meat stand before slicing.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Stuffed Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.6
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 184.4 mg
- Sodium 470.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 53.8 g