Recipe by Chef Luciano
After having this dish at a local restaurant, I decided to make it at home. Without a recipe and only my taste buds as my guide, I came up with this recipe that uses egg-beaters, but tasted exactly like what I had at the restaurant. Yumm! I won't be paying $9.00 for someone else to make it anymore!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 -5 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 slices goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in an oven-proof skillet.
- Add garlic and onions; cook until tender.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and sautee for another 2 minutes
- Pour egg beaters into a measuring cup and add salt and pepper.
- Pour over contents in skillet, stir gently to combine.
- Continue cooking 3-4 minutes until most of the eggs are cooked with only top still moist.
- Next put skillet in oven under broiler until eggs are set (2-3 minutes).
- Transfer frittata to a plate and add goat cheese to the top.