Recipe by FlemishMinx
Savory and bursting with flavor! This is quite similar to a previously posted recipe by another chef, but am offering this one as it is sized for a smaller (minimum 1 1/2 lb-10 cup capacity) machine). It bakes up perfectly for us! Cooking time will depend upon your machine.
Top Review by shrimpngrits
Perhaps it's because I didn't have enough garlic on hand (only 1 large clove), but this turned out all wrong for me. It was too bland (desperately needed at least 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt), too oniony (I won't use the onion again at all), and I couldn't taste the rosemary (perhaps due to the oniony flavor). I minced the onion quite fine, but it still had a bit too much texture in it after the bread was cooked. Eeek! I'll try it again soon with a few modifications and note changes.
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (NOT the oil-packed ones!)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions or 3 tablespoons shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced