Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Savory and bursting with flavor! This is quite similar to a previously posted recipe by another chef, but am offering this one as it is sized for a smaller (minimum 1 1/2 lb-10 cup capacity) machine). It bakes up perfectly for us! Cooking time will depend upon your machine.
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (NOT the oil-packed ones!)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions or 3 tablespoons shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the tomatoes, onion and garlic to the machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the basic white bread cycle, and start machine.
- When the"additions" beeper sounds, add the remaining three ingredients.
Perhaps it's because I didn't have enough garlic on hand (only 1 large clove), but this turned out all wrong for me. It was too bland (desperately needed at least 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt), too oniony (I won't use the onion again at all), and I couldn't taste the rosemary (perhaps due to the oniony flavor). I minced the onion quite fine, but it still had a bit too much texture in it after the bread was cooked. Eeek! I'll try it again soon with a few modifications and note changes.
I've made this a couple times now and it is a new staple in my house now. I love to make flavored breads. I also used recipe #14681 for the tomato part because they are just fantastic and worked very well with this recipe! Absolutely delicious! Everybody should try it!
absolutley gorgeous, dont have a bread machine so kneeded it by hand then let it rise, then added garlic,onions and added oil packed tomatos and took some time to to kneed them in, was quite worried cos it was lookin like it would all go horribly wrong but it was really delicious and one i will definately be makin again, mmmmmmmmm