Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super simple South Beach Chicken recipe from the South Beach SuperCharged book.... Feta & Chicken- how could you go wrong??
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Season with pepper and mash together well with a fork.
- Butterfly chicken by carefully slicing horizontally along the long edge of each breast, three-quarters of the way through. Open up each breast and spread inside with one-fourth of the feta mixture. Close breast over filling and press edges together to seal. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Very yummy recipe! Tasty and flavourful, only a bit on the dry side for our taste. Next time I make it, I'll make veggies with sauce as a side, not grilled vegetables. Thanks for sharing :)
Made for Bargain Basement.