Recipe by Chef Sarita in Austin Texas
I took a regular method of baking chicken and added my own twist to it. Very simple and delicious. I think that the mayo is what makes it moist. Be careful not to over season with the Adobo because you can oversalt your chicken. If you can't find Goya Adobo, feel free to use Season All. I buy whole cut up chicken to save time. I preffer to use the organic mayo (central market organics) because the taste is VERY different from regular processed mayo.
- 1 whole cut up chicken, washed and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon of goya adobo with saffron or 1 -2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1 1⁄2 table spoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, tampanade or 1⁄2 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoom mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in large baking dish and brush each piece lightly with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle Adobo seasoning on each piece of chicken.
- Mix melted butter, chopped cilantro, and sundried tomato in a bowl. Pour over chicken. Use all the butter.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 mins or until juices run clear, basting chicken every couple of minutes with the pan juices. Do not overbake.