Recipe by Derf
Tasty low cal appy. Can be doubled or tripled for company. Marinating time 30 minutes. From Cooking Smart for a Healthy Heart.
Top Review by Bergy
Dorothy - another winner! Have you noticed the calorie count? There must be a mistake - 617 Calories for 2 Crostini I think this must be for all 8 of them. I minced the tomatoe and basil together with the 6 Tbsp of fat free Italian dressing except for enough pieces of tomatoes to decorate each with a piece on top. Went over really well — Apr 1, 2002, Additional comments: I made these again and this time added 2 cloves of garlic and sprinkled parmesan on top - original or with the garlic excellent appetizer - I did use thin bread slices too Thanks again Derf
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes, not oil packed
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄3 loaf French bread (about 6 oz)
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomatoes in medium bowl.
- Add 6 tablespoons dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Cut bread diagonally into 8 slices, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Stack basil leaves and tightly roll up lengthwise.
- Cut crosswise into very thin slices to make chiffonade.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange slices of bread on baking sheet and brush both sides with remaining dressing.
- Bake until light golden, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Divide tomatoes evenly among bread slices.
- Bake until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and keep warm.
- Serve 2 crostini per person.