Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Recipe is from a cookbook titled "Bread Machine Collection". I have not tried it.
- 1 cup water
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rise yeast
- 1⁄4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- Place all ingredients except tomatoes in bread machine pan in order specified by owner's manual.
- Spoon tomatoes into 4 corners of pan; do not cover yeast.
- Program basic cycle and desired crust setting; press start.
- Remove baked bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
- Makes one 1 1/2 pound loaf, or 12 servings.
My wife loved this Bread and gave it a five. I thought it was okay and gave it a three. So I rated it 4 stars. I used a dough hook to knead the breqad and then let it raise in the pan until it was the correct size.
I liked the taste of this bread but it was a little heavy. It only made a small loaf instead of a large loaf.