1/3 Photos of Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo
Literary Mom's Note:
A luscious sauce with a Mediterranean flair. When creating this, I used Smart Balance (for butter), whole milk, and served it with Trader Joe's alphabet pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- pasta, cooked (shells or penne)
- 1Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat, and whisk in flour to form a paste.
- 2Gradually stir in milk until well combined and somewhat thickened.
- 3Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- 4Increase heat to medium, add sun-dried tomatoes, frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic powder and pepper.
- 5Stir frequently for several minutes until hot and thickened. (if it seems too thick, add more milk).
- 6Reduce heat to low, stir in parmesan and cook (stirring frequently) for a minute or two more.
- 7Salt to taste and stir into individual bowls of pasta.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 634.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g