Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is garlicky and creamy. I use sun dried tomatoes that I make in the oven, but any store bought ones would be great. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese, a green salad and garlic bread.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- 16 ounces pasta
- Cut up the chicken breasts into bite size pieces and sauté in the olive oil until no longer pink, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté over med heat for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and red pepper flakes and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer until cooked through. add the cream and basil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve over your favourite pasta. Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.
I love the taste of sun-dried tomatoes and pasta, so this was wonderful for me! I made a couple of changes because the sundried tomatoes that I had on hand, were not packed in oil, so I soaked the ones that I had in olive oil for 30 minutes or so before chopping them. I also use a product called "creme soup base" in place of the heavy cream. It comes in a powder form and you only have to mix up the amount that you need. Great taste; easy to make and attractive enough to serve to guest...love those kind of recipes!
This dish was amazing. I followed the directions but added broccoli. The whole family loved. I will cook this again.