Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe taken from VegCooking.com Since I'm a vegetarian & no one else in my family is, I decided to contribute to the food this Thanksgiving in my own way. I found this recipe and website through PETA. It's very easy to make and everyone loved it! Don't worry if when you make the dressing the vinegar smell is overwhelming because it's not in the taste. Enjoy!
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 400°F.
- Wash and prepare spinach (if necessary), as desired.
- Place in salad bowl along with the pepper, onion, and orange slices.
- Once oven/toaster oven is heated, toast sesame seeds for 10 minutes.
- Put toasted seeds into blender and grind into a powder.
- Add vinegar, orange juice concentrate, and water into blender.
- Scrape the sides of the blender to push any sesame seed powder down into the liquid mixture.
- Blend to mix.
- Refrigerate dressing and salad.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss just before serving.