Recipe by jodielm
I got this recipe from Good Taste and it was just divine. If you like seafood, and you like Mediterranean style stew you will love this, it was a HUGE hit! (It also goes well with my cornbread recipe!)
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil (just a large splosh really)
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme (or chopped fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (410 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 slices orange rind (white pith removed)
- 500 g king prawns (Green)
- 500 g tuna steaks (or similar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and time. Season with salt and pepper, and saute for 5-10 minutes until onions go clear and almost caramelised.
- Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes or so, until it has reduced by around 1/2.
- Add the canned tomato, bay leaves and orange rind to the and stir to combine. Bring it to the boil, then reduce to a low heat, and cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the Prawns and Tuna. Increase the heat to a medium heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns turn pink, the turn heat off, and leave to stand covered for a few minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread, or bake some yummy corn bread - mmmm mm!