1/4 Photos of Sumptuous Gilroy Spareribs
3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe was originally in the Gilroy Garlic recipe cookbook and I have changed a few things around added a little here and there. I haven't posted it until now because it is one of my favorites and you don't give out all your favorite recipes at once.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- 16 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup celery, very fine chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I use Bull's Eye Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Place Spareribs in a baking pan with a cover.
- 2Split 8 cloves of peeled garlic and sprinkle over the ribs.
- 3Cover the pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- 4Simmer the sauce for 45 minutes while spareribs are in the initial baking.
- 5SAUCE: Mince the remaining garlic and sauté with the onions in a fry pan in the butter (margarine) until the onions are translucent,Add all the remaining ingredients, simmer for 45 minutes Pour off all the grease from the ribs.
- 6Pour the sauce over the ribs, cover and bake at 350°F basting every 30 minutes for up to 2 hours (depending on the meatiness of the ribs). Keep checking with your fork for tenderness. Bake uncovered the last 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sumptuous Gilroy Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1500.5
- Calories from Fat 999
- Total Fat 111.0 g
- Saturated Fat 42.4 g
- Cholesterol 361.4 mg
- Sodium 1133.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 80.4 g