El Bee's Note:
Originally from "Naturally Slim and Powerful," one of two favorites I'm saving here before putting the book in the garage sale box. This has been much loved at family dinners. I've subbed the fresh broccoli and tomatoes for frozen/canned crushed and it still works well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
- 2Puree tomatoes, onion, and garlic until smooth.
- 3Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- 4add puree and cook for 1 minute.
- 5add stock and spices, cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6add broccoli, cover, and cook over medium-low heat until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- 7make sure to discard bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sumptuous Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: