Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally from "Naturally Slim and Powerful," one of two favorites I'm saving here before putting the book in the garage sale box. This has been much loved at family dinners. I've subbed the fresh broccoli and tomatoes for frozen/canned crushed and it still works well.
- Blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Puree tomatoes, onion, and garlic until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- add puree and cook for 1 minute.
- add stock and spices, cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- add broccoli, cover, and cook over medium-low heat until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- make sure to discard bay leaf before serving.