Recipe by Pauline Patterson
When I make this recipe I put lots and lots of Parmesan cheese in it and I do not put it under the broiler. I even make it the night before serving. Excellent. This is from a wonderful restaurant in Fullerton, California who gives out the recipe on postcards. Everyone asks for the recipe when I bring it to dinners.
Top Review by Dee-Dee B
This is a recipe I make all the time so it is only right that I give it the 5 stars it deserves. Tonight I decided to make it but didn't have the whipping cream so I substituted half and half and it was still just as fabulous. I use 2 Tbsp of flour and 2 Tbsp of butter as I like mine on the thick side and extra sugar. YUMMY! Thanks.
- 1 lb frozen kernel corn
- 12 ounces whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, cream, salt, sugar and white pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Make a roux from butter and flour, add to corn, mix well and remove from heat.
- Transfer corn mixture to casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.