Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A "posh" version of bangers and mash from the July issue of Delicious magazine.
- 700 g tiny new potatoes, such as Jersey Royals
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 good quality herb and pork sausage
- 200 ml low-fat creme fraiche
- 150 ml vegetable stock (hot)
- 200 g frozen peas, thawed
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minuttes, until tender. Drain, return to the pan, cover, and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausages and cook for 15 minutes, turning, until well browned and cooked. Remove from the pan, cover and set aside.
- Wipe out the frying pan, then return to the heat. Add the creme fraiche, stock and peas, stir, and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sauce ahs reduced a little. Add half the onions and cook for one minute, then remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roughly crush the potatoes with a masher or fork. Add the remaining onions and oil. Season and gently mix. Divide between 4 plates.
- Slice each sausage in half and place 3 halves on top of the potato. Spoon the sauce around the potato and sausages to serve.