Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southern Living; beautiful summer salad plate.
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄4 cups salad dressing
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb green grape
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled
- 1 cup blackberry
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients.
- Add to chicken mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill 1-2 hours.
- On individual serving plates, place lettuce leaves; arrange apples and next 4 ingredients around outer edge of plate.
- Spoon chicken salad onto lettuce.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
I had some girlfriends over and this is what I served. In my opinion, this is the perfect summer lunch. Delicious fresh fruit and creamy chicken salad. The girls and I gave this a resounding 5-stars. It went well with our Pina Coladas too :)
Now this really did it for me. Chicken salad surrounded by beautiful summer fruits. Wonderful presentation. The chicken salad has a great flavor. I think it is the curry that makes it so good. Very classy and elegant. Thanks.